Monday, 7 March 2011

No reason


There doesn't have to be a reason
when my silence falls..
when empty yes or no falls from my lips
There doesn't have to be a reason,
I need not explain..
for you should know..

There doesn't have to be a reason,
when that darkness comes,
when all I do is listen,
and nodd.

And yet.. there is.

There's always a reason,
if you care to ask,
if you care to know,
if you care to understand.

The reason is that words
would fall upon deaf ears
or worse yet, an angered heart..

and so, the silence is a better friend,
the tears a better company when the receiver's down.

Until the words grow far too strong to silence..
until I'm left with no choice but to scream,
and run..
and leave..

There doesn't have to be a reason
why I want to speak, and to explain,
when I want to voice my thoughts,
when I want to colour my opinion
with the strength of my beliefs..

But I will keep them still for now,
watching, waiting, hoping..
because even though
there doesn't have to be a reason,
I have many ;
Many reasons,
many words,
many thoughts,
and should you wish to listen,
I'll be here,
and should you wish to NOT,
perhaps I won't be for very long..

No comments:

Post a Comment